[FC] Interesting Development - Brake MC

James Davis corvanatics@corvair.org
Fri Feb 7 10:09:00 2003

Yep.  When I was driving the Rampside 30 miles to school everyday, I often
got carb icing.  In 1995, I took a Rampside apart for parts that still had
the baffles installed.  I ask everyone I knew if they had a clue of what
they did.  The best guess I heard was to keep water out of the engine
compartment.  Being a "try it and see what happens", type guy I put them
in.  Even with with no engine heat from the left side (two oil coolers), I
have not had a carb icing problem since.  I guess the GM engineers new what
they were doing.
Jim Davis