[FC] FC tinkering

Thomas Stingl corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Feb 11 15:20:01 2003

My 63 Corvan is not amused being warmed up only
every 2 months. While the engine still starts up
instantly and runs nice, after filling some gas
in the carbs via the vent holes, electrics have
a puzzle for me:
The control lamp of the emergency flasher is
all the time lighted, OTOH the rear tail lights
no longer work ...
However, rear flasher lights work when emergency
switch is activated ... I guess I will look for a
ground problem first.

The 62 GB project finally sees action, after another
oldtimer guy in the hall wanted to deposit some
Borgward fenders in there! I am not storing the
2nd and 3rd seat bench in my kitchen room for that!
While starting to remove the main brake cylinder,
the eccentric push rod pivot bolt does not come
off due to interference with the frame, but
probably it can be just pulled out with the whole
assembly ...

The 61 Rampside, my only "streetable" Corvair, enjoys
the location in the southern Rhein valley, snow only
in the nearby Black Forest ... but it is still freezing
over night.

Thomas