[FC] Part number for ujoint and front wheel bearing

James Davis corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Feb 20 21:52:01 2003

I agree with everybody.  I have also just gone with Drive Line Company's
"Brute Force" as the universal of choice.  I used to believe in Chicago
Rawhide, but they let me down after 30,000 miles, wearing the cups;
although the trunnion were fine.  As Bob and Bryan said, take the new ones
apart, clean out every speck of grease, and put in the best grease you can
find in each cup.  If you do much driving check them at least every two
years.  Imho greasing a universal with Zerk fitting is the same as greasing
the 65-69 car's rear wheel bearings with a Zerk fitting.  By the way The
Source carries Spicer u-joints.
Jim Davis