[FC] carb

Ben and Lynn Stiles corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Feb 24 16:20:01 2003

Hey all-

I had trouble with the Greenbrier, so much so that I had to take the
Rampside out in the salt (Which I never do!)

It is idling rough.  When I went back to investigate, one of the first
things I noticed was that there is a bit of gas leakage right at the base of
the right carb.  Way down where the carb meets the sheet metal for the
engine.  Also, I took off the air cleaner assemblies and revved it from the
back a few times.  The right carb spit a huge backfire, then it began to
idle a bit better.  Also added some dry gas.

Any thoughts out there?  Moisture problems?  Something stuck in the lines?
What next?

Hope some of you have responses.  They are always helpful...

Thanks!!! Ben