[FC] e-mail/camping question/temps

Fri Jul 4 16:03:00 2003

Thomas,
I have an old "Draw Tite" hitch on my 61 'brier. It bolts to the bottom of
the bumper, and I made sure all of my bumper bolts were secure. I hauled a
stripped out Viking pop-up camper to my step dad south of Louisville last months,
and brought back a very nice Rockwood pop-up that my uncle was going to strip
down to make a trailer out of for his bike. The Rockwood is about 11 ft long
when its down, about 21 when it's out, and I can almost stand up straight in it
(I'm 6' 6")... The 61 has a 69's powertrain, 110, pg (no cooler hooked up...
will replace the transaxle with a known good 61 FC soon, so I'll finally have a
working speedometer!)... I didn't have a single problem with my 'brier, but I
DID stay off the expressways, mostly because I had never hauled anything
before, the camper I hauled down was held together with duct tape and bungie
cords, and I didn't have time to check the bearings on the camper I was picking up.
My 63 is a 4spd, and I have one of the "huge" step bumpers on it... I've not
pulled anything with it, since I need to replace the clutch...
As for temperatures, it looks like highs from 74-85, and lows from 49-67....
that was going back a few (5) years....
Thanks a bunch!
Lonzo....
PS, Hey Ed, how's this for FC list action?

Lon Anderson
Crittenden, KY
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.