[FC] corvanantics and FC engine build

Sat Jul 12 18:25:01 2003

How can I subscribe to corvanantics?  I have seen several issues floating
around but I want them now :)
I am sponsering a but the FC engine back together day on Aug 2 in Le Mesa
California.  It is a joint outing by the San Diego Corvair Club and the Coyote
Corvair Club.  The current engine is not doing well, the car has been sitting,
so with the help of both clubs I have been able to get the parts to assemble an
engine (still looking for a few parts and trying to decide what can be reused
and or what is still usable).  I have a 65 FC case and want to put the 110 in
the 63.  I am thinking 20 overbore on the jugs-this is one of the things I am
still looking for, late model jugs.  I have a pair of nice 102 heads that only
need deflashing and cleaning.  A member of the San Diego Corvair Club has a
crank and cam, I think FC specific?  I will put the 12 plate oil cooler on and,
when I get one, a late model top cover and fan. I also have a finned oil pan.
Well I will give more details and a link to the flyer when available.  Anyone
and everyone is inivited.  It will not just be the engine put back togther but
also a Bar-B-Que and a cool social event.  My buddy who is letting me use his
house/driveway has some really cool early chevys in his four car garage.

Harry