[FC] Can This Quarter Panel Be Saved?

* Greenbrier Goon * corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Jul 13 00:59:01 2003

Hey everybody:

Any of you who have good body work skills please take a look at this:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/FC-quarter.jpg

This is the passenger side quarter panel on my '63 Greenbrier.  It has
looked this way since I bought it in 1994. A previous owner side-swiped
somthing and damaged both side cargo doors and the rear quarter panel.

The time has come to fix up the body on this van. Not having any good body
work skills, I don't know if this can be fixed or if it should be replaced.
Most of the damage is toward the rear of the panel, but there is a small
crease running almost the entire length of the panel.

Maybe someone who knows body work can give me some advice.  I wan't this van
to look really good without any half-assed body work.

I have located one almost perfect cargo door and one not-so perfect one. The
not-so-perfect one has more rust than I originally suspected when I bought
it.  I may be in need of a better one to replace that one.

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)
1963 Corvair 95 4 Speed (soon to be scrap)