[FC] a public THANK YOU

Mon Jul 21 20:34:00 2003

Hey guys and gals,
I want to share with y'all a short story about something that happened to me
when I first got to the convention site tuesday afternoon... we had been in
and around the hotel looking at cars and trucks and vans and parts and seeing
people and toys and all sorts of stuff... after about 4+ hours Cheryl & the
girls are getting a little bored, and  its about dinner time, so we go out to her
van... only to find I'd left the headlights ON and the battery DEAD! Yeah,
stupid me... I'd forgotten to turn them off after going through a construction
area... We went back in and I'm "quietly" looking for someone with jumper cables
to start her van (96 Nissan Quest)... I happen to be in the room where Seth
is selling his wires and I mention it to a friend and this fellow overheard
what I said... "I have some cables" he said... I'd never met the guy, didn't know
him, and the name didn't even ring a bell... but he took me out to his
beautiful Greenbrier, drove it out to Cheryl's van and jump started it... he even
told me to hang onto the cables until I get a replacement battery! (We had
gotten the current battery at Chambersburg last August on our way back from Maine,
and that time Ben Stiles had given us a jump. Cheryl was a little relieved we
hadn't seen Ben that afternoon, or else he'd think we ALWAYS have battery
trouble in Pennsylvania.)...
We drove straight to Chambersburg and replaced the battery, and I had
intended to thank the kind soul wednesday while I was there and to return his jumper
cables... I didn't see him until later that evening at the VV meeting, but the
crowd cleared out so fast I didn't get to catch him... same thing at the
Corvanatics meeting.... so I want to send out a huge THANK YOU to GREG WALTHOUR in
Virginia... he came to my aid without a second thought, and for that I'm very
greatful.
I owe ya one...
Thanks again,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in Crittenden, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair
Quart Low quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
Check out the 2004 Convention Web Site: www.kycorsa.com