[FC] Vair Power for a Baja Bug?

* Greenbrier Goon * corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Jul 24 00:09:01 2003

Hey everbody:

Anyone out there ever installed a Corvair engine in a Baja Bug?

I have a Baja Bug that I was planning to build a big VW engine for, but now
I am thinking that maybe going with Corvair power might be good.

If I do it, I would go with the adapter mount and flywheel along with the
reverse rotation cam and parts so that I could keep the VW transaxle that is
in there now.

The good thing would be more power.  Bad things would include a heavier,
longer engine sticking out the back and the need to build a longer rear
bumper cage.

Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)
1963 Corvair 95 4 Speed (soon to be scrap)