<VV> Re: [FC] Removing Stationary Side Galss in an FC?

Clark Hartzel corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Jul 27 08:30:01 2003

I have a bunch of Greenbrier doors, RH side and rear.  I was going to put
them on my Corvan so I could see out the darned thing but if I did I would
have had to paint the whole truck.  Someone repainted the vehicle and I
didn't know what color it was.  Trying to match 20 year old paint is
impossible.  I ended up selling the Corvan and going back to my previous
hobby of dune buggying.
I have other FC parts as well.  The doors are cheap (20 bucks a piece) but
the shipping will kill you!  I live north of Detroit, MI in Fraser.  Come to
our annual "Homecoming" Corvair meet on August 23-25th and I'll bring them
there.
Clark Hartzel

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of * Greenbrier Goon *
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2003 8:23 PM
To: LonzoVair@AOL.COM; corvanatics@corvair.org;
virtualvairs@skiblack.com
Subject: Re: <VV> Re: [FC] Removing Stationary Side Galss in an FC?

Thanks.  I have not really compared the roll-up and non-roll up doors side
by side.

Looks like it shouldn't be too hard to convert.

I still need to repair the rust on the one door that I bought.  I wonder if
anyone wants to sell me the bottom 7 inches of a cargo door.  Maybe someone
has one that was smashed but not rusted.

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)
1963 Corvair 95 4 Speed (soon to be scrap)

>From: LonzoVair@AOL.COM
>To: corvanatics@corvair.org, virtualvairs@skiblack.com
>Subject: <VV> Re: [FC] Removing Stationary Side Galss in an FC?
>Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 18:04:26 EDT
>
>Charles,
>This is probably too late to help you, but I did want to inform the masses
>what to look for on the Corvans with the doors with stationary windows. I
>just
>picked one up last week and was picking it apart to put on my Greenbrier (I
>have to drill the 5 holes for the window regulator screws and handle
>stub)... the
>window is bolted to the side track that screws to the outer edges of the
>door. It is held in by one bolt, thats all! The bottom piece of metal that
>the
>glass sits in (that the rollers move up and down in a "regular" Greenbrier)
>it
>what is bolted....
>I hope this helps any others!
>Take care,
>Lonzo
>
>Lon Anderson in Crittenden, KY
>CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair
>Quart Low quarterly editor
>1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
>1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
>Check out the 2004 Convention Web Site: www.kycorsa.com