[FC] seat

Ben Stiles corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Jul 27 22:37:01 2003

Hey all-

I went to the junkyard the other day.  New since my last trip were a '63
Corvan, '62 Greenbrier, and '63 Rampside.  A Lakewood and SEVERAL early and
late cars round out the mix.  Anyway, I intend to return to get the Ramp's
tailgate and ramp gate.  Also, it had the short triangle mount mirror
brackets.  My question is about the Corvan driver's "bucket seat."   No, the
coveted folding passenger bucket seat was not in there, anywhere, but the
dirver's seat is.  It has a few broken springs.  Is it worth getting the
seat (ie. can new springs be placed into the frame to repair it, then
reupholster it?)

I have a set in the Greenbrier, so I would merely be saving it from the
crusher (the price is right on EVERYTHING at this yard), but I am not sure
about the possibility or process of refurbishing the driver's seat frame for
a good user friendly seat.  Any ideas out there???

Let me know what you think.

Ben Stiles