[FC] Product Liability

The Source, Inc. corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Mar 5 01:12:01 2003

Strict Product Liability - Wrongful Death.

I am still in federal court  - continued till May 2003
for a mechanical fuel pump that ended up on a new aircraft engine
note it was cataloged, advertised, and invoiced as automotive
and the mfg. ID was removed, our ID was removed, the pump was modified
internally
it was mounted upside down, it was rigid mounted at flywheel, it driven
at 1.6 times maximum rpm
for 3 years and then sold to a new owner who promptly drove the aircraft
into the ground shortening the airframe by 75%,  the pump was found in
next field - diaphragms okay - both check valves broken ...
The Plaintiffs have already settled  with the rest of the defendants for
$ 3,700,000.00
They want  $ 10,000,000.00
I sold an automotive part, GM designed it - for a Corvair , Dana
manufactured for a Corvair to GM specs - for me. The suit is beyond
merit; thankfully GM & Dana are defending me.

I was considering making some Quick Steering Arms
but I am so tired and broke.

Now do you think those cheap Third World reproductions  have liability
insurance ?
David  - Needed to VENT !