[FC] Greenbriar mileage

Bill Wells corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Mar 26 18:22:01 2003

Craig,

This is the setup I drive(4sp). With non-power valve
carbs and #50 jets, mileage was over twenty around
town. However, this was with a light foot because it
was quite lean and would ping easily. With #51 jets,
it gets somewhat less, but much less pinging under
load. Depending on your altitude(I am in Dallas),#50
or 51 jets and '65 or later carbs with timing as
advanced as your fuel will permit should get you close
to twenty mpg. On the highway at less than 65mph, you
should be in the 21 or 22 range easily.

Good Luck,
Bill