[FC] Front coils... revisited

Charles M. Wrobel corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu May 8 23:23:01 2003

Ok, so finally I'm going to cut the coils and drop the
front of my corvan to get a slight rake or at least
level. My problem now is which coils to cut? Currently
installed are the mustang coils but I still have the
stock coils so I could cut those.

I also have the kyb gas shocks installed and I hope I
don't have to upgrade to heavy duty 79 dodge truck
shocks. I simply want to do this the most effective and
economical way.

I'd be interested in hearing about people's experience
with cutting stock coils vs mustang coils. What kind of
ride will be produced by each. Am I to understand that
the stock coils get stiffer and the mustang coils get
softer? I think this is what I've gleaned from postings
of late.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Charles