[FC] Re: Trailer hitch for GB

Michael E. Sweaney corvanatics@corvair.org
Fri May 9 13:35:01 2003

Bruce and all
>Don't forget the engine - 164 inch FC case.  If you decide to sell some
>stuff, don't forget to tell us where you are (city, state, country :-)
When the guys dropped it off here and I saw it was a "64 I was excited
because that is was I was hoping for.  Unfortunately the engine has been
replaced with what I believe to be a "63 engine.  But it is an FC engine.  I
won't really know until I get the thing out but I am pretty sure it is an 80
HP engine.  It is a "W" engine.
The way this happened is kind of a sad story.  I had an extremely dead "61
Greenbrier in the back that I was cleaning parts off of and the only thing
left was the body and that was it.  I had it hauled off and three weeks
later a guy I know said that he and his friend wanted a steel top for an old
1930's F--D and had cut the roof off an old Corvan.  They didn't know
anything about it other than it was a Corvan and wanted to know if I wanted
to yank parts off before it got crushed.  Of course I said yes.  When it
arrived it was a complete "64 van that would have been very restorable.  But
the top was cut completely off.  I told them that if they had called me
three weeks earlier they could have had the top off the GB.  That was the
only thing on it that was good.  They cut up a somewhat rare van.  That's
the way it goes sometimes.
Now, if I can only keep the tornado's from getting it.  The one yesterday
was about 2+ miles south of us.  The weather man says that mother nature may
try again today.
Fraidy hole ready
Michael E. Sweaney