[FC] Re: Trailer hitch for GB

Bryan Blackwell corvanatics@corvair.org
Fri May 9 21:38:01 2003

I believe that the roof is bolted and spot welded on.  I've heard of
folks cutting the welds and unbolting the roof (somebody used one for a
toboggan :-).  In your case you might want to investigate doing just
that and getting a new roof.

On Friday, May 9, 2003, at 03:59 PM, Paul Steinberg wrote:

> since you have a van that has had the top cut off of it, could you
> answer some
> questions that I have about the removal of the top panel.  Is it
> welded on or
> was it glued down?  Where is the seam..... at the edge of the rain
> gutter or
> is the gutter put on after the roof panel?  My FC has a large hole in
> the roof
> where someone made a pop top to put onto it.  I want to put it back to
> original, but haven't decided how to best do this project.  They even
> cut the
> bows out and they will have to be rewelded in before the roof is
> installed..... thanks for any help that you can give me on this
> project.......
> Paul in CT

Bryan Blackwell bryan@skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa