[FC] Chasing an oil leak-revisited

Michael Emanuele corvanatics@corvair.org
Fri May 16 18:09:01 2003

Thanks for all the previous info on bellhousings and oil leaks. I tore it all
down tonight and rechecked seals and bellhousing and bolts. It appears that I
am using an early bellhousing when I should be using a late. Allthough the
info that I have says either (should) work. I am in the process of changing
the bellhousing to a late with new seal and gasket. I am also going to space
the seal back about another sixty thousanths. If anyone has more input or
something else that I should be watching for please advise. I am going to
reinstall everything at 6:00 am Saturday morning. If there are any thoughts as
to something I might have missed, please, please let me hear from you.
Thanks in advance, Mike Emanuele
61 Rampside 140PG
69 Monza Convertible