[FC] Re: Sebring Seats in FC

Michael E. Sweaney corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu May 15 16:35:01 2003

Keith and all

While I think the idea of these seats is a neat idea I doubt that it would
work in an FC.  First off the area that the seat would be mounted to is
pretty high.  You probably can't take the seat apart because the base has to
have enough structure to do all kinds of work in a crash.  Taking the seats
off the base (even if it could be done) would not give you the safety  you
need in a crash.  Unless you are three feet tall you would not be able to
sit in it.  Plus, the seat would have to have some pretty substantial
anchoring.  The gas tank "might" get in the way of said anchoring.  If you
just punched holes in the floor I doubt that would be enough anchor.  But if
you don't believe me go the your nearest Chrysler/Dodge dealer with a
measuring tape.  Measure from the floor to the top of the seat.  Then go to
the FC and measure from where the FC seat tracks are bolted and measured to
the top of the.   Then........do the math.  Mike

started thinking about the recent article in corsa re:chrysler sebring
buckets with attached shoulder belts

i started wondering if anyone has tried bucket seats with attached belts in
an fc

saw a westfalia on the way in, driving the 'brier of course, and thought a
high backet bucket with attached shoulder belts might work nicely.  this
would also solve the issue of where to attach a shoulder belt top bracket

anyone have any thoughts?