[FC] Sebring Seats in FC?

Jeffrey Wells corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue May 20 01:44:00 2003

I'm currently tinkering with a pair of seats from a Nissan Van of the
eighties (like the Toyota Van).  They are thin enough, but fabricating the
mounting parts will be a challenge.  Considering that the present passenger
side seat in the Corvan is, as far as anyone can determine, scrounged from
an early Econoline, virtually anything else would be an improvement!
If anyone was at the NECC/Blue Mountain show this past Saturday, mine was
the white/rust van with portholes discreetly parked to the rear.  Had to go
shopping afterwards, you know, and the van is so much easier to load
groceries in...

Jeff Wells
Blue Mountain/Lehigh Valley Corvair Clubs; CORSA, too
jfwells@ptd.net

'65 Monza
'64 Corvan
and other stuff

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Stiles" <bensbus@paonline.com>
To: <corvanatics@corvair.org>
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2003 10:26 PM
Subject: Re: [FC] Sebring Seats in FC?

> The Vanagon seats are too thick just where they need to be thin.  The VW
vans did not have the raised wheel well set up we have, but instead a nice
level floor that actually lended itself to the addition of many after market
and other mark car seats.  Our Corvans do not give us this opportunity.

I did notice that mid 80's Toyota seats looked thin enough, but never took
real measurements.  They are, however, much thinner at the side than VW
seats of any vintage.

Thanks!  Ben Stiles

---