[FC] Cleaning out an FC Fuel Tank

Sun May 18 13:20:01 2003

In a message dated 5/17/2003 11:49:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
greenbriergoon@hotmail.com writes:

> I just acquired a dent-free tank with only some surface rust, but it has
> alot of dirt and crud inside. Looks like sand or something got inside.
>
> I flushed it out with water, but there is still alot of stuff stuck to the
> inside.

   Put a short length of chain inside and shake it around, then rinse and dry
and repeat if needed. This will not get all of it but it will get a lot and
when you install it be sure and put a good inline filter in the system and
change often for a while. Also if you feel brave you can try some acetone as
a cleaning agent, rinse well with water and dry well.
   Ken Hand