[FC] What's Up!

Fri Oct 3 19:08:00 2003

I"m a new list subscriber. I'm a VW bus guy. A friend of mine just
picked up a 1961 Greenbriar. From looking at the website that led me
to this list, I believe it's an 8-door Deluxe model. It's got the
cargo doors on both sides of the van.

Any info on what he's got would be greatly appreciated. I'll try to
get pictures and post them tommarrow. He doesn't know if he wants to
keep it or not. I think he should keep it and restore. He doesn't
know if he has the time to do it.

Anyway...it's automatic and the engine is there...but not running.
All the glass is there and the interior seems to be mostly there.

I'm basically just wanting a realistic idea on the value of the van
and what he'd be looking at if he decided to commit to restoring it.
Where to get parts...rarity of certain parts...all that kind of stuff.

Any help appreciated. I'll try to post some pictures and send a link tommarrow.
--
Rex Rogers           San Angelo, TX
VW bus page at http://www.type2guy.com/