[FC] instrument panel question

Mon Oct 6 23:59:01 2003

When I got my '61 Greenbriar a month or so ago, it came with the back filled
with spare parts. One of the spare instrument clusters is in much better shape
than the one installed, and I'm trying to take it completely apart to swap
switches, etc. I'm down to the ignition switch, and I can't figure it out. I
have the outer bezel loose, and the inner retaining ring loose, but the outer
bezel doesn't fit over the key slot housing. There's a little pin hole in the
face, and I tried poking it with a wire (I can feel a spring loaded something
inside) and pulling or twisting, but I can't remove the key slot bezel. What's
the trick?

Bill