[FC] '64 Axle in '61 Greenbrier

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Oct 7 00:22:02 2003

"In all I have gotten from Clarks over the last 20 some years have NEVER
gotten to talk to Cal. Clarks just seems to think that they are too good to
waste
their you, and you best feel lucky that they have what you need. So the only
things I get from them is Interior parts that the Underground does not carry"
SPYDER62@aol.com

I think that this is a very one sided and biased opinion of Clark's Corvair.
I have received technical help when ever it was requested from Mark or his
assistant at Clark's.  I have called and asked for Cal or Joan at times and
they have always answered the phone if they were there and were not involved
with other duties.  I don't think that it is neccessary that you speak to the
"owner", but to any person that is knowledgeable and can help with your
question or problem.  It baffles me why anyone would portray either of the
vendors as anything other than what they are.  Good honest business people
that try their darned to keep our Corvairs alive by supplying the best parts
that are neccessary to fulfill that need.  I have dealt with many of the
Corvair vendors in the past and have never had a bad experience with any of
them.  I have received a part that I thought might be defective, and the
vendors, no matter who they are, have always helped with the problem or have
replaced them.  I have lots of friends on the West coast that deal almost
exclusively with Lon and I have never heard one of them say a bad word about
either Corvair Underground or Clarks Corvair.  These two vendors didn't
succeed in the past 25 or 30 years by not taking care of their customers.
Paul in CT