[FC] FC brakes

Fri Oct 10 06:46:01 2003

In a message dated 10/10/2003 2:48:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
hmoore@sandiego.edu writes:
I am putting in a new brake system in my 66 monza sedan and will do the 63
briers next.  Is there any up grades I should be aware of (part #'s).  What
does everyone think about FC brakes? I was told that when towing and hauling
heavy things, the brakes can be a bit small.

    The stock FC brakes are quite adequate for 90% of all people, including
me pulling a trailer. See my previous post.
    Any brake system will fade if not used properly, like riding your brakes
instead of using them and releasing them.
    Also a lot of people feel safer with a dual master cylinder, but again,
there are lots of single master cylinders out there working away, including all
of my cars unless they came with a dual master or it is mandated that I
change, this applies to the race car.
    Ken Hand