[FC] Is This Shifter Part Broken?

* Greenbrier Goon * corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Oct 14 23:13:01 2003

No, it's not part of the rear engine mount.  It is only a little more than 1
inch in diameter.  It fits on top of the spring in the shift lever assembly
on a 1963 FC with a florr mounted shifter.  I believe that the early cars
also have the same piece.

Here is the picture again:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/aaa-shift.jpg

It looks like there should be a tab sticking out of the right side in the
picture.  I am not sure if there is supposed to be a tab or not.  It sort of
looks like something has broken off, but there were no broken pieces
rattling around in the shifter assembly.

Charles

Greenbrier World:
http://www.c-zone.net/northgte/greenbrier.htm

1963 Greenbrier PG (soon to be 4 speed)
1963 Corvair 95 4 Speed (soon to be scrap)