[FC] RE: FC Brake Upgrade

Norm Helmkay corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Oct 15 11:22:01 2003

I'd like to second Jim Davis's recommendation on the Porterfield Brakes
Carbon-Kevlar R-4S brake shoes.   I've had them on my Ultra Van since
1996 (running 15,000 miles a year) and have never had better brakes (without
power-assist).

Porterfield can be reached at 1-800-537-6842.
When you call them, the Bendix shoe number for
the FC is #228 (also from Jim Davis).

Norm Helmkay