[FC] RE: FC Brake Upgrade

James Davis corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Oct 15 10:44:01 2003

I really don't think FC's need power brakes.  It is just the proper
selection of brake shoe lining that makes the difference.  Just look for
shoes with a coefficient of friction of 0.6 to 0.8 at normal operating
temperatures.    I particularly like the Portifield R-4S compound.  If you
feel like you need power brakes, I recommend the ECI remote booster
system.  I have that set-up on my Ultra Van and hardily recommend it.
Jim Davis