[FC] RE: FC Brake Upgrade

Jeffrey Wells corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Oct 15 00:56:01 2003

Diodato F. Grisi wrote:
> Shouldn't those 40 or so year old brake lines be replaced  when doing
> a Dual MC upgrade? Is there any way to get vacuum to install a power
> brake system in an FC?

They should be replaced even if you aren't upgrading the MC!  As for power
brakes, I think Lon has a kit (or a partial kit) and you could steal a
vacuum canister from another vehicle, but why bother?  FC brakes are fine as
is for everything short of driving down a 15+% grade (and power boost won't
help you there).

Jeff Wells
Blue Mountain/Lehigh Valley Corvair Clubs; CORSA, too
jfwells@ptd.net

'65 Monza
'64 Corvan "Hippie Power"
and other stuff