[FC] Outing with "another" club,

Gary Swiatowy corvanatics@corvair.org
Sat Oct 18 10:01:02 2003

Recently I was invited to join along on an outing with the Antique Historical
Truck Club on an outing they called a "Putt around Leroy" in Leroy NY. I
brought along my Corvair Van and if you check out the link to the pictures you
can see the varied group of participants we had along. The trip included stops
we could not on our own normally make, or know about. These included a fellows
personal woodworking and car restoration shop. This is a guy who makes most of
us look like amateurs as he even has to build his own bodies and the era of
cars he does includes a lot of woodworking. He cuts his own trees, has his own
sawmill, and kiln for drying, and makes his own wood steering wheels and spoke
wheels as well as all the framing he needs for the floorboards and interiors
of the cars. Another stop included a mans collection of peroliana, otherwise
not available to public view.
The Corvair van received quite a few compliments from the other truck owners.
Thought I would share my pictures, so check out the link below if interested.
Under the heading "Leroy Outing"

http://community.webshots.com/user/swi66

Gary Swiatowy