[FC] RE: <VV> Spyder Tach Troubles

N. Joseph Potts corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Oct 28 10:12:00 2003

Is your ignition system quite stock? Installing (only) a Pertronix in mine,
I noted a change in the indication of the tach.
     Do you think your tach is "plateauing", or do you think it
underindicates all the way up and down? If the latter, consider availing
yourself of the adjustment at the back of the tach.
     REALLY straining my imagination, I can suppose that your tach is
counting every OTHER beat of your ignition system (because of differences
between said system and stock?), and so is off by a consistent factor of
50%. I don't know if the range inherent in the adjustment will accommodate
that great a change, but there are things to think about.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-virtualvairs@corvair.org
[mailto:owner-virtualvairs@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Paul Fox
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2003 10:38 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Cc: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Spyder Tach Troubles

Group,
             I 've installed a Spyder dash in my Rampside. The trouble is
the tach won't read above about 2k rpm. I thought it might be a bad tach so
I changed it out with another. It did the same thing. I also can't get the
temp gauge to work as well as the idiot lights. I'm thinking bad ground. The
dash has a good ground. Should I be looking at the engine ground? Any other
ideas?

        Thanks,

Paul Fox YS054. 66  500 racecar.