[FC] Some thoughts on a "central" CORSA convention....

Merv and or Loretta corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Oct 29 00:37:01 2003

Hi all!

Type the phrase "geographical centre of North America" into your favorite
browser and it is amazing how many "Centres" there are!

Being from the Great White North, my favorite is Winnipeg, Manitoba, which
would be the centre as long as you do not include Central America.

The southernmost "Centre" is, more generally, Kansas. That would have to
include Central America to make it the centre.

That said, taking population into account, I would tend to think that a truly
central location would have to be somewhere on a hypothetical line drawn
between Kansas and Manitoba.

Anything to the left or right on the map would then be considered east or
west.

Just rambling.... hey my folks had a 1960 Rambler Classic. It was a cool car!

toodles
Merv Krull
WCC Interior Director
62 GB