[FC] Need some expert help

Mon Sep 1 15:31:01 2003

In a message dated 9/1/2003 12:59:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
vairpair@att.net writes:

> The Primer says the right number is
> 6256685.  Mine says 6256675.

Bob,
My GM 60-10C Corvair Parts & Accessories Manual (Oct 1, 1960) shows part
number 6256675 is the 1960 Transmission Case, stamped 6256675... must be a
misprint in the "Primer"... or a misprint in my "official" GM parts book... I've seen
it happen both ways, and misprints still happen today in the GM parts
catalogs (they have a live staff that helps you by phone if you can't seem to figure
something out, or if the information seems to contradict itself!)
Either way, you're ok... it's still an aluminum 60 3 speed case.

I just came in for a bite of lunch... been working on the 61 'brier all
morning... dropped a valve seat on #5 saturday... it's a 69 110 smogger engine with
the smog stuff removed... I've had 4 head studs unscrew from the block, so
I've dug up the loctite... I had a spare 110 smog head cleaned up and I lapped
the valves on the kitchen table this morning... now all I gotta do is raise the
back and drop the engine...
.... and dig up some push rod tube o-rings....
Wish me luck!
Lonzo
Lon Anderson in Crittenden, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver.... but not today
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
Check out the 2004 Convention Web Site: www.kycorsa.com