[FC] idle

Tue Sep 9 07:57:00 2003

In a message dated 9/8/2003 6:39:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bensbus@paonline.com writes:

I have a problem whereas the engine idle stays up in between shifting and
when I stop at a stop light/sign.  I can always kick the idle down with the
accelerator by tapping it quickly.

    The peened over end on the throttle shaft has become loose and worn
causing erratic throttle plate action. There is room to tap the area with a punch
and hammer while the carb is mounted. Be sure the throttle plate is closed
before you do this or you will have to resync the carbs. This is a
permanent/temporary fix as you may have to do it again much later depending on how well you
did the first time. You can always get a throttle shaft from Grant Young and
change it.
    Ken Hand