[FC] What type of synthetic transmission fluid is OK in a Powerglide

Mon Sep 15 23:06:08 2003

In a message dated 9/15/2003 7:52:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Wild8bill@aol.com writes:

Everyone keep me posted on their experience with synthetics, my mind isn't
made up yet.

    I run AMSOIL in my race car engine. That's fine, you say?  Well, I have
nothing but the stock oil cooler installed!
    I have run this car all over the country at the different Corvair track
events and events, then the open track days at a couple of places the drivers
school AND all of the wheel to wheel racing since June of this year. I change
the oil and filter only when the oil starts getting darker which is about every
4th event. What other oil would you trust to do that with?
     The engine is still alive and well and will go to 6800 rpm when asked
to. This engine is only a high performance street engine in my race car.
    Ken Hand