[FC] Motor Mount

Keith Hammett corvanatics@corvair.org
Mon Sep 22 14:49:00 2003

Wanted to let everybody know that I am back to getting the rampy running in
the near future.  A slight delay was caused by my not thinking in advance
and getting the correct engine mount for the 164 cu.in. engine.   This has
been corrected with a used mount from Jim Lanwermeyer, of St. Charles
Mo.(really fast service).  Thanks to all who gave advice on the mount, I
choose to do it right the first time and not to space out the old mount.

I also was able to obtain an FC dipstick/dipstick tube from him and this
will be fitted to the car engine as Tim Colson does.

The carb's are cleaned and ready for reassembly, minus the main jet.  What
size are people running in a 110 hp w/PG?  I also noted that the plastic
hold down on the vacuum choke control was cracked and missing pieces, looks
like time for new ones.

Keith Hammett