[FC] Rear Door Greenbrier Window Gaskets

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Sep 25 23:20:01 2003

the good news is that the gasket material is technically not a reproduction,
but rather a product that has been in use in the glass industry for years.  If
you are careful and lubricate the rubber well, you should have no problem
getting a good seal.  Make sure that you clean the glass well before you
reinstall it.  This is one of those jobs that cleanliness is important to the
success rate..... if the glass is dirty, it will cause gaps in the new rubber
and leak..... speaking from past experience........ Paul in CT
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mikeamauro@aol.com
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org ; virtualvairs@corvair.org
  Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 11:00 PM
  Subject: [FC] Rear Door Greenbrier Window Gaskets

  The brier has cracked and leaking gaskets around the windows for the rear
  doors.  I bought a set of Clark's replacements, but have yet to install
them.
  Has anyone performed this replacement?  With Clark's repros?  What was the
  success rate?  Problems?  Solutions?  Just looking to find out what I'm up
against
  before I cut out the old ones....They leak a little, but do hold the glass
in.

  Thanks in advance for any information rendered,
  Mike Mauro
  64 Greenbrier Deluxe