[FC] Interior Panel insulation

Thu Apr 8 01:55:02 2004

I know I read about this before.  I just looked through the archives and found
nothing.  I can see the insulation through the rear air vents has fallen off
and is covering the vents.  I have been trying to remove the rear panels and
almost have it.  I have stripped most of the screw heads and have to deal with
getting them out.  I think I know how to remove the passenger side panel but
the drivers side is being a pain.  I have removed all the bolts and can wiggle
it but it won't come loose.  I am in the process of taking off the front
interior panel to see if this will help.
Now about the insulation.  If I remember correctly it was suggested to use a
spry type of insulation, that way it will never fall down again.  I was
thinking just some 3M undercoating stuff unless there is a specific sound
deadening meterial available.  Speaking of noise, what part of the car does
everyone think is the loundest?  The engine compartment area or the road noise
through the panels?  both are loud now in my FC so I can't tell.
I also have a bunch of dynomat and was thinking of laying it down somewhere
and would like to put it in the loudest area.
Thanks for your suggestions,
Harry