[FC] Unsolvable Clutch Problem in my FC

Patten Del R Civ AFRL Det 8/PKMA corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Aug 4 11:54:01 2004

  And guess what the clutch chatter does to your spider gears??!!  You can
guess how I know!

  Del Patten...CNM

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Clark Hartzel
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 10:05 AM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: RE: [FC] Unsolvable Clutch Problem in my FC

The brackets are sheet metal arms that come down from the body to just short
of the transmission crossmember.  The gap is filled in with some pieces of
rubber and a bolt goes thru the trans mount to a nut in the bracket.  Every
FC I ever owned was missing this stuff as the metal brackets were too thin
and broke off from rust and vibration.  Most FC's have clutch chatter in
reverse and the only cure I found was 3.89 gears in the differential or
solid trans mounts so there was no movement of the powertrain.  The 3.89
gears get the vehicle moving easier so you don't have to rev and slip the
clutch so much.
Clark Hartzel