[FC] COOLING AND IGNITION SWITCH QUESTIONS

Joel McGregor corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Aug 17 22:47:01 2004

Are the carbs in good shape and balanced properly?
With the key I'm assuming that you are saying that it turns from the lock
position without a key and not just from the off position like it should?
I would say that the side bar is stuck or missing.

Joel in Keller, TX (DFW area)
'66 Corsa w/air
'63 Greenbrier 4spd
'63 Greenbrier 8dr 4spd "Bob"
'63 900 Convertible 4spd
'67 Monza 4spd Posi
15 others

-----Original Message-----
From: corvanatics-admin@corvair.org [mailto:corvanatics-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of robert wilson
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 8:24 PM
To: corvanatics@corvair.org
Subject: [FC] COOLING AND IGNITION SWITCH QUESTIONS

Hey Gang;

I have an issue with the passenger side thermostat taking a long time to
open
on my '63 Convertible ('65 95 HP engine).
I've have confirmed that the thermostat works and adjusted it.

I have noticed that there are no removable "Winter/Summer" plates on either
side exhaust damper assemblies, just stamped (factory) cutouts that are open
at about 45 degree angles.  Could this be the source of the slow thermostat?
Should I bend these to a more closed position?
I only drive the car in warm weather.  I noticed that they seem to be bent
a flat closed position on my '63 Rampside.

Also, I have an early-model ignition switch that can be turned on (starting
the car) without a key.
Any ideas on fixing this?

Thanks,

Scott Wilson