[FC] COOLING AND IGNITION SWITCH QUESTIONS

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Tue Aug 17 22:50:01 2004

That is the way that the switch should operate.  As for the thermostat, if you
aren't having any overheating problems, I wouldn't worry about it..... Paul in
CT
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: robert wilson
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 9:24 PM
  Subject: [FC] COOLING AND IGNITION SWITCH QUESTIONS

  Hey Gang;

  I have an issue with the passenger side thermostat taking a long time to
open
  on my '63 Convertible ('65 95 HP engine).
  I've have confirmed that the thermostat works and adjusted it.

  I have noticed that there are no removable "Winter/Summer" plates on either
  side exhaust damper assemblies, just stamped (factory) cutouts that are
open
  at about 45 degree angles.  Could this be the source of the slow
thermostat?
  Should I bend these to a more closed position?
  I only drive the car in warm weather.  I noticed that they seem to be bent
  a flat closed position on my '63 Rampside.

  Also, I have an early-model ignition switch that can be turned on (starting
  the car) without a key.
  Any ideas on fixing this?

  Thanks,

  Scott Wilson