[FC] A synthetic Oil disopsal ?(not corvair but?)LONG

Sun Feb 15 19:59:01 2004

i know they drain all kinds  so maybe you need mix but i am not  sure. i do
know mobil one and conventional oil do not mix in a glass at all.gear oil
tranny fluid etc it all burns good. if you get to much gas or kero in it it causes
early target failure(wew called it hot mix).  one thing..the waste oil pickup
guys did not want any gear oil mixed with regular oil and they checked it with
litmus strips of some kind. if you had halogens showing they would charge a
lot extra.  so we started burning every cotton pickin drop of gear oil. there
is no real odor or problem with modern units..the old pot type were a touch
smokey(black cloud!) when getting them lit up. they calm down as they get warm
enough to regenerate.. the new ones have burners with a preheater under air
pressure(regulated). they work great!  if preheater fails they coke up fast. other
than that they are trouble free. been there done that..our units were made by
clean burn if i remember correctly.
regards tim colson