[FC] PG modulator line

Bryan Blackwell corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Feb 18 11:59:02 2004

One of the things I'm doing while I have the heater box out is getting
the line for the vacuum modulator set up correctly - right now the line
from the balance tube to the trans rubs against the front shroud and
has clearly been bent in a couple different places.  So, I went digging
and found what appears to be an unmolested line, almost certainly from
a late model.  It seems to fit perfectly, almost too perfectly, which
is my question.  The line actually fits *into* the balance tube.  Is
this correct?  It seems to be intended to fit that way, but at the same
time looks strange since hard lines would usually have a short hose
between them.

BTW, this powertrain is *not* a correct FC setup - it's a late car
engine with early sheet metal hooked to a correct '64 FC transaxle.
Thus my concern that it just happens to fit like this, but really
shouldn't be hooked up that way.

--Bryan