[FC] PG modulator line

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Wed Feb 18 12:07:02 2004

You are correct, there should be a small piece of rubber hose to hold the two
pieces from touching each other.... it is about 1 1/2" - 2" long...... Paul in
CT
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bryan Blackwell
  To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
  Cc: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 12:07 PM
  Subject: [FC] PG modulator line

  One of the things I'm doing while I have the heater box out is getting
  the line for the vacuum modulator set up correctly - right now the line
  from the balance tube to the trans rubs against the front shroud and
  has clearly been bent in a couple different places.  So, I went digging
  and found what appears to be an unmolested line, almost certainly from
  a late model.  It seems to fit perfectly, almost too perfectly, which
  is my question.  The line actually fits *into* the balance tube.  Is
  this correct?  It seems to be intended to fit that way, but at the same
  time looks strange since hard lines would usually have a short hose
  between them.

  BTW, this powertrain is *not* a correct FC setup - it's a late car
  engine with early sheet metal hooked to a correct '64 FC transaxle.
  Thus my concern that it just happens to fit like this, but really
  shouldn't be hooked up that way.

  --Bryan