[FC] Re: <VV> Front shocks early

Thu Jan 15 08:11:01 2004

In a message dated 1/15/2004 12:47:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jfwells@ptd.net writes:

I don't know why I'm thinking this, but don't the 55-57 Chevy shocks
interchange with FCs instead of EMs?

    If you want a current shock that is available and is a 99% fit for an
Early Corvair use the Dodge truck. If you get the std shocks for the front and
the HD for the rear the car will handle and still have the ride that you expect
from an early. These same shocks work on the FC.
    This has been published in the tech guide but I don't remember seeing any
other articles about 57 Chevy or 59 caddy.
    Also the Dodge truck shocks are only a 1/4" to long so the travel is
closer than any other shock available other than the repros.
    I know everyone has their pet shock that they like to use, But the Dodge
shocks are in stock yet and don't have to be ordered anywhere.
    Ken Hand