[FC] brake lights?

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Jan 15 23:09:00 2004

All vehicles built since the 1930's have had break lights.  I would imagine
that the brake light switch has gone bad on your van or is out of adjustment.
I doubt that the emergency flashers have anything to do with it.  Since you
have tail lamps and directional signals working that shows that the bulbs are
good.   Also check the fuse panel for a burned out fuse.  Sometimes it is the
simplest things that go wrong and we always look for the most complicated
problems without checking the simple things..... Paul in CT....
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Wild8bill@aol.com
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 11:01 PM
  Subject: [FC] brake lights?

  Here's a stupid question; I was following my girlfriend home the other
night.
  She was driving our '61 Greenbriar. I noticed that the turn signals were
  fine, the taillights were fine; but there were no brake lights. Did these
vans
  come with brake lights? The previous owner had wired in an emergency
flasher,
  this may have something to do with it.
     On another note; I'm picking up a '61 rampside tomorrow, for $500. The
  owner said it ran when it was parked 6 WEEKS AGO! and that there isn't any
rust,
  and one dent under the passenger headlight. I'll keep you all posted on this
  new project.

  Bill