[FC] brake lights?

Christopher E Nicholson corvanatics@corvair.org
Thu Jan 15 23:10:01 2004

The brake light switches are known for corroding. They are located under
the floorboard, behind the front bumper. You might not even have to jack
the front end to reach it. If you remove it (disconnect the battery
first) and lube the mechanism with contact cleaner while working the arm,
you might be able to get it working again. Even if you are successful,
buy a new one (readily available at CarQuest, etc.) to install and keep
the old one for a spare.

Hope this helps,
Chris Nicholson