[FC] brake lights?

Fri Jan 16 06:46:01 2004

In a message dated 1/15/2004 11:03:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Wild8bill@aol.com writes:
I was following my girlfriend home the other night.
She was driving our '61 Greenbriar. I noticed that the turn signals were
fine, the taillights were fine; but there were no brake lights. Did these
vans
come with brake lights? The previous owner had wired in an emergency flasher,
this may have something to do with it.

    The brake light switch is placed on the out side of the vehicle, so it
gets all the nasty stuff the world throws at it. It is possible that it just
corroded or froze.
    Go under the front then have someone push the pedal down and then reach
up and pull the lever, then look for brake lights. If you still have no brake
lights it is time to check for power through the switch. If power is going
through the switch then you know where to look.
    Ken Hand