[FC] Here is a little kick to the lugnuts....

Merv and or Loretta corvanatics@corvair.org
Fri Jan 23 18:16:01 2004

Just talked with the paint guy about doing the 64 sedan....

If I strip the whole unit, he will sandblast the entire body, replace the
rusted out floorpan, and lay on new primer and paint, it'll cost around
$5000.

Does this sound in the right ballpark? I paid a lot of money to get the 53 GMC
done, but I figured the sedan would be considerably less... maybe around the
$2500 zone.

If $5000 is the "right price", I think I will just replace the floorpan, stuff
the nicely cleaned up engine and fresh clutch back in and touch up a few rough
spots once in a while with matching spray paint and drive old "Cortes" around.
Maybe some day down the line it will get the full treatment.

In the meantime, I will consider selling the sedan for $4000. (new billet
idler pulley, new fan pulley, new gen pulley, deflashed heads, new
clutch/pressure plate, new tires)

I want to direct all my attention and resources into the 62 Greenbrier. Anyone
have a third seat for the GB? Good frame is all I  need.

adios amigos!
Merv