[FC] RE: Here is a little kick to the lugnuts....

Bob Gilbert corvanatics@corvair.org
Fri Jan 23 21:51:01 2004

Hi Merv,
Yup . Been there done that a couple of times now and $5k is about right.
Obviously a lot depends on the quality of work but the dollar figure is
about right.
Bob

  -----Original Message-----
  From: corvairs-owner@cybrus.net [mailto:corvairs-owner@cybrus.net]On
Behalf Of Merv and or Loretta
  Sent: January 23, 2004 4:19 PM
  To: corvairs@cybrus.net; corvanatics@corvair.org
  Subject: WC: Here is a little kick to the lugnuts....

  Just talked with the paint guy about doing the 64 sedan....

  If I strip the whole unit, he will sandblast the entire body, replace the
rusted out floorpan, and lay on new primer and paint, it'll cost around
$5000.

  Does this sound in the right ballpark? I paid a lot of money to get the 53
GMC done, but I figured the sedan would be considerably less... maybe around
the $2500 zone.

  If $5000 is the "right price", I think I will just replace the floorpan,
stuff the nicely cleaned up engine and fresh clutch back in and touch up a
few rough spots once in a while with matching spray paint and drive old
"Cortes" around. Maybe some day down the line it will get the full
treatment.

  In the meantime, I will consider selling the sedan for $4000. (new billet
idler pulley, new fan pulley, new gen pulley, deflashed heads, new
clutch/pressure plate, new tires)

  I want to direct all my attention and resources into the 62 Greenbrier.
Anyone have a third seat for the GB? Good frame is all I  need.

  adios amigos!
  Merv