[FC] seat parts?

Paul Steinberg corvanatics@corvair.org
Sun Jan 25 14:42:00 2004

Try to find a 1986 and up Mercedes that has heated seats that the coverings
are no good on.  They will usually sell them cheap if the leather is NG.  They
have both heated back and bottoms.  Also don't forget the wiring... usually
they have a timer that takes them from high to low to off.. I don't have the
wiring schematic, but I do know that they use a relay in the fuse panel.
Without this, you will really be in the hot seat.  Paul in CT
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: N2VZD@aol.com
  To: corvanatics@corvair.org
  Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 2:15 PM
  Subject: Re: [FC] seat parts?

  i think the real deluxe seat had a band of light color like around the
  outside edge come down the middle of the back of the seat.  i think the
seats in my
  greenbrier (rear anyhow) are original. of course this is a 64. i have not
done
  any real research because plans are to severely modernize  at least the
  fronts. the seat in my rampy was custom made for me years ago and is so
comfortable
  on trips! it is kinda simple plain with a bowtie in the middle of the back.
  would like to make 3 new ones like it only heated front also. the heat helps
  my bad back on trips.  regards, tim colson